Raspberry pi installation guide. hey guys, In this post we’ll learn to install Raspberry pi operating system image file on a sd card.
- A raspberry pi board
- sd card ( 8 gb/ class 10 atleast)
- Raspbian/raspbian jessie image .rar file
- SD formatter (Software)
- Win32 Diskimager (Software)
Steps to do:
- Insert a sd card into a card reader and connect it to your pc/laptop and note down the Drive letter of your card from windows explorer left column. for example: G: is your drive letter.
- Download and install SDformatter, Run it and select sd card Drive letter and click on Format button. after compete format. close SDformatter.
- Download Win32DiskImager and install it on your pc/computer.
- Now extract raspbian image file from downloaded file.
- Run win32DiskImager and select the image file extracted on step 3.
- Select the drive letter in Device box. be careful while selecting this, if you get wrong one, you can destroy whole data from your hard disk drive.
- Then click write and wait for the write operation to complete.
- After complete operation. Exit the Win32DiskImager and Eject the Sd card.
- Now insert your imaged sd card on raspberry pi sd card slot, connect screen/keyboard/mouse on raspberry pi ports.
- Finally connect power source to Raspberry pi. and now your Raspberry pi is Ready to be used.